After a fresh reading of John Medina’s book, “Brain Rules,” I have pledged to treat my brain better. In my list of favorite books, I mentioned that Medina’s book could be the owner’s manual for the brain.
Medina has 12 rules for your brain, and here’s what they are:
1.Exercise boosts brain power
2.The human brain evolves
3.Every brain is wired differently
4.We don’t pay attention to boring things
5.Repeat to remember
6. Remember to repeat
7. Sleep well, think well
8. Stressed brains don’t learn the same way
9. Stimulate more of the senses
10. Vision trumps all other senses
11. Male and female brains are different
12. We are powerful and natural explorers.