Knowing however, the leaning towards goals and resolutions at the beginning of the year, I’ve created five things to do, or to focus on, in 2017. They fit for me, maybe they’ll work for you too.
1. Work. Work harder, work better, work smarter (whatever that means), but mostly…. work. Being the best at whatever it is you want to be the best at is not easy. It is not quick. Mostly, no one is simply entitled to it. You become the best by working your a$$ off (dollar signs intended).
2. Get better at what you’re good at. Play your strengths. The idea of the “jack of all trades, ace at none” was something we got from trying to improve our weaknesses to become more balanced. Balancing strengths and weaknesses breeds mediocrity. Be awesome, not balanced.
3. Connect. We live in a world where everyone is a click, swipe, or tap away. Use technology to get CLOSER to people. Ditch the “like” buttons of the world for real comments, real interaction, real connection.
4. Provide fantastic service. No matter what you do, make the focus of your work providing the best experience possible for everyone you touch. Explore ways to enhance the end line benefit and create amazing encounters with everyone you meet.
5. Family first. Take time, make time. When we get so focused on being the best at whatever we’re wanting to be the best at, we occasionally do it at the expense of those closest to us. Create quality time. Create focused time. Know when to shut off the world and just “BE” with those you love.
BONUS. Hug someone who didn’t vote the way you did. If we wait for companies, governments and politicians to bring us together, it’ll never happen. It’s up to us, (we) the people.
Happy New Year!