Many markets around this land of ours are undergoing severe changes as 2012 slowly comes to its conclusion. Some have become full blown sellers markets, others are recovering much more gradually. We knew all along, that we would come out of the slump, we’d get through the tough times. What we didn’t know was when it would happen. As most of the country rebounds, you must ask yourself this question: As my market emerges, how will I adapt? How will I EMERGE?
Many agents will gravitate towards listings. Hopefully, they will use this opportunity to sharpen their listing tools including, but not limited to; their presentation, counseling and interviewing, handling objections and especially, pricing. Competition for listings will escalate and putting your best foot forward will create a tremendous advantage for the seller-ready agent.
And then, there are the buyers…..
While this market is turning, one thing will remain as sure as the planet is here (apologies to the Mayan calendar enthusiasts), buyers will still be half of all presentations. But, as many markets move toward becoming more seller oriented, getting and having the listings is essential. As supplies shrink. Agents with inventory will control the marketplace. So, where does that leave the buyers?
- First and foremost, the best agents giving the best buyer service will be awesome at determining what their people want, finding it quickly and creating an urgency in the process.
- Mobility and technology will come into even greater importance as time will be of the essence when working with your buyers.
- Maybe most important, will be the agents ability to help their buyer see the reality of the big picture, keep them on task and get them excited about their home purchase.
- Show how to identify qualified buyers
- Teach interpersonal skills to gain buyer loyalty
- Help Overcome predictable objectionS
- Give ideas for youR buyer packet that you will want to use
- Help you become a better NEGOTIATOR
- Show TECHNOLOGY TOOLS for a more effective, mobile business