There are two things in my life I have done for a considerable amount of time: running (almost 50 years-over 108,000 miles) and real estate (24 years in many, many capacities). What I have learned from these experiences is that they are incredibly alike. So without further ado, I give you the Top Ten Reasons Being a Real Estate Agent is like Being a Marathoner.
10. It sounds real easy the first time someone says you should give it a whirl.
9. While you can get by on natural talent for awhile, pretty soon you have to begin working at it if you desire to be great.
8. The people who are the best at it are the ones with long range as well as short range plans.
7. Steady pace always rules.
6. Delayed Gratification. It takes considerable time to build success in either area.
5. A good foundation will lay the course for future accomplishment.
4. You will run into good patches and bad patches. Keep going and see rules #6 and 7.
3. Determination, Dedication, Discipline.
2. While you learn a great many things over your career, the most valuable ones you will learn about yourself.
1. When it all comes together and you made it look effortless, rejoice in everything you did to get to that spot and enjoy!
You can catch up with my running life at runspittle.blogspot.com